Kenya’s Timothy Kiplagat Ronoh smashed the course record at the 44th edition of the Melbourne Marathon held on Sunday (02) in Melbourne, Australia.
Ronoh broke the old course record of 2:10.47 that Dominic Ondoro set when he took the first of his two successive Melbourne wins in 2013 with a new course time of 2:09.13.
Ronoh who led a 1-2 Kenyan podium finish was followed by Cornelus Kibet Kiplagat who also went under the old course as he crossed the line in second in 2:10.25.
Melbourne’s Reece Edwards completed the podium three finishes in 2:14:41.
- Timothy Kiplagat Ronoh (KEN) 2:09.13
- Cornelus Kibet Kiplagat (KEN) 2:10.25
- Reece Edwards (AUS) 2:14.42
- Riley Cocks (AUS) 2:16.57
- John Dutton (AUS) 2:22.00