The 2013 World U20 800m bronze medallist, Tigest Assefa took the top honors at the 3rd edition of the Bahrain Night Half Marathon held on Friday (23) at the Bahrain International Circuit in Bahrain.
The 26 year-old who was too hot to handle cut the tape in a time 1:07.40 and was followed by Kenya’s Winfridah Moseti who crossed the finish line in second in 1:08.21 with her compatriot Agnes Mumbua Ngolo closing the podium three finishes in a time of 1:08.51.
Japan’s Taiki Suzuki and Ethiopia’s Fetaw Zeray Bezabh came home in fourth and fifth in a time of 1:09.18 and 1:09.22 respectively.
- Tigest Assefa (ETH) 1:07.40
- Winfridah Moseti (KEN) 1:08.21
- Agnes Ngolo (KEN) 1:08.51
- Taiki Suzuki (JPN) 1:09.18
- Fetaw Zeray Bezabh (ETH) 1:09.22
- Nelly Jepchumba (KEN) 1:09.46