Kenya’s Vincent Kipkemoi Ngetich took the top honors at the 21st edition of the Madrid Half Marathon that was held on Sunday (3) in Madrid, Spain.
Ngetich who ran the fourth fastest time at the Standard Chartered Nairobi Half Marathon last year led the race that was dominated by Kenyans as they took the top positions from 1-7.
Ngetich cut the tape in a time of 1:01.05 and was followed by the 2017 Bonn Marathon champion, Edwin Yator who crossed the line in a time of 1:01.11. Phenus Kipleting closed the first three podium finishes in a time of 1:02.50.
Panuel Mkungo who won the 2021 Maratonina Città di Arezzo half marathon two months before his wedding and Shadrack Kipngetich Koech finished in fourth and fifth place in a time of 1:02.50 and 1:03.10 respectively.
The race course record of 59:38 set by Ronald Kirui last year remained standing.
- Vincent Ngetich (KEN) 1:01.05
- Edwin Yator (KEN) 1:01.11
- Phenus Kipleting (KEN) 1:02.34
- Panuel Mkungo (KEN) 1:02.50
- Shadrack Koech (KEN) 1:03.10
- Elijah Cheruiyot (KEN) 1:03.22
- Simon Muthoni (KEN) 1:03.29
- Javier Guerra (SPN) 1:03.32
- Kimutai Kiplimo (KEN) 1:03.39
- Ayele Eshete (ETH) 1:04.36
- Victor Chepkwony (KEN) 1:04:41