Kenya’s Viola Chepngeno won the Gent Half Marathon that was held on Sunday (13) in Gent, Belgium.
Chepngeno battled for the honors with her compatriot Beatrice Mutai and Uganda’s Rachael Zena Chebet but she was too superior for the two cutting the tape in a new personal best of 1:07.25 with Mutai crossing the line in second place four seconds later.
Chebet closed the first three podium finishes in a time of 1:09.47.
Netherlands Jill Holterman could not lower her personal best as she came home in fourth place with Hanna Vandenbusscheger from Belgium coming home in fifth in 1:12.50 and 1:13.47 respectively.
- Viola Chepngeno (KEN) 1:07.25
- Beatrice Chepkemoi Mutai (KEN) 1:07.29
- Rachael Zena Chebet (KEN) 1:09.47
- Jill Holterman (NED) 1:12.50
- Hanna Vandenbussche ger (BEL) 1:13.47