Double Olympic champion, Sifan Hassan will make her marathon debut at the 43rd edition of the London Marathon that will be held on April 23, 2023 in London.
The 30 year-old who is also a double world champion in 10,000m and 5000m will face “the greatest-ever field assembled for the elite women’s race in London” and they are not exaggerating.
The Deep elite field Include:
- Yalemzerf Yehualaw – Defending champion of the London Marathon.
- Brigid Kosgei – World record-holder with 2:14.04 from Chicago in 2019.
- Peres Jepchirchir – Reigning Olympic Marathon champion from Tokyo.
- Genzebe Dibaba –Ran 2:18.05 on her marathon debut last year.
- Almaz Ayana – Clocked 2:17.20 in her first marathon in 2022.
- Tigist Assefa – Berlin Marathon winner last September in 2:15.37.
- Emily Sisson – American record-holder with 2:18.29
- Sinead Diver – Irish-born Aussie clocked 2:21.34 in Valencia
- Eilish McColgan – Debut.