Kenya’s Ronald Kiprotich Kirui destroyed the course record of the 20th Edition of the Madrid Half Marathon that was held on Sunday (14) in Madrid. Spain.
The 22 year-old 1-2-3-4-5 Kenyan podium finish as he smashed the old course record of 1:01.47 that had been set in 2019 by Kipkemoi Kiprono from Kenya.
Kirui set a new personal best and course record time of 59:39. He was followed by Kipketer Tanui who also ran under the old record crossing the line in second five seconds later. Alfred Kirwa Yego closed the first three podium finishes in 59:44 also running under the old course record.
- Ronald Kiprotich Kirui (KEN) 59:39
- Ezra Kipketer Tanui (KEN) 59:44
- Solomon Kirwa Yego (KEN) 59:44
- Alfred Kipchirchir Muche (KEN) 59:44
- David Ngure Irungu (KEN) 59:45