Olympic Games 800m silver medallist, Francine Niyonsaba made her debut memorable when she won the Cross Internacional de Venta de Banos held on Sunday (18) in Venta de Baños, Spain.
The two-time world indoor champion, who became the first athlete who identifies as having DSD to officially break a world record when clocking 5:21.26 for 2000m, took the top honors in a time of 30:44 with Spain’s Irene Figueroa crossing the line in second in 30:55.
Isabel Barreiro García also from Spain, finished in third place in 31:03.
- Francine Niyonsaba (BUR) 30:44
- Irene Figueroa (SPN) 30:55
- Isabel Barreiro García (SPN) 31:03
- Cristina Ruiz Fernández (SPN) 31:17
- Emine Hatum Mechaal (SPN) 31:22