Tokyo Olympic marathon champion Peres Jepchirchir will defend her title at the World Athletics Road Running Championships slated for October 1, 2023 in Riga, Latvia.
Peris who holds a life time best of 1:05.16 she got when setting the women-only world record at the 2020 World Half Marathon Championships in Gdynia and is fresh from winning the Great North Run over the weekend will face-off with around four of her compatriots led by Irine Jepchumba Kimais who holds the fastest time this year of 1:04.37 that she got in February at the Barcelona Half marathon where she took the honors with Catherine Relin coming to the race with the third fastest time on paper of 1:05.39.
The 2019 World 5000m silver medallist, Margaret Chelimo Kipkemboi of personal best of 1:05.26 as well as Janeth Chepngetich of 1:06.42 will carry the country’s flag as they lead the fight for the glory.
Ethiopia will be led by Ras Al Khaimah Half Marathon bronze medallist Ftaw Zeray of 1:06.04, a time she got this year in Doha. She will partner with her compatriots Tsigie Gegreselama of 1:05.46, Yalemget Yaregal of 1:06.13 and Mestawut Fikir of 1:06.44 1:06:44.
- Irine Jepchumba Kimais (KEN) 1:04.37
- Peris Jepchirchir (KEN) 1:05.16
- Catherine RELIN (KEN) 1:05.39
- Margaret Kipkemboi (KEN) 1:05.26
- Ftaw Zeray (ETH) 1:06.04
- Tsigie Gebreselama (ETH) 1:05.46
- Yalemget Yaregal (ETH) 1:06.27
- Janeth Chepngetich (KEN) 1:06.42
- Mestawut Fkir (ETH) 1:06.44
- Samantha Harrison (GBR) 1:07.17
- Glenrose Xaba (RSA) 1:08.37
- Alina Reh (GER) 1:08.42
- Calli Thackery (GBR) 1:09.01
- Isobel Batt-Doyle (AUS) 1:09.27
- Sara Hall (USA) 1:07.15