Matthew Samperu led a Kenyan podium finish at the 14th edition of the Stralugano Half Marathon that was held on Sunday (29) in Lugano, Switzerland.
Samperu had to overcome his fellow Kenyan Maxwell Kortek Rotich at the last 500m by giving a final powerful kick and cutting the tape in 1:01.03 with Rotich coming home second in twelve seconds later.
James Murithi Mburugu also from Kenya closed the first three podium finishes in 1:01.22.
Yisma Antenyayehu Dagnachew from Ethiopia and Birir Kipkorir from Kenya were forced to settle on fourth and fifth place in 1:0138 and 1:03.32 respectively.
- Matthew Samperu (KEN) 1:01.03
- Maxwell Kortek Rotich (KEN) 1.01.15
- James Murithi Mburugu (KEN) 1:01.22
- Yisma Dagnachew (ETH) 1:01.38
- Kipkorir Birir (KEN) 1.03.32