Jacob Kibet Kipkemoi will lead the Kenyan contingent in the water and barrier race that will take place on fifth day of the 4th edition of the World Deaf Athletics Championships that are being held at the Lublin Athletics Stadium in Poland.
Kipkemoi holds a season best of 9:16.70 and will joined by Lucas Wandia Wanjiru and Peter Kokobi Omari at the start line.
Wanjiru has a season best of 9:35.20 while Omari holds a season best of 9:43.20.
The three Kenyans must plan on how they will deconstruct Gabon’s Fred-Ronelle Mandoukou who has the fastest time on paper of 8:57.33.
Others athletes who will be chasing the title include Polands Rafal Wladyslaw Nowak who has a season best of 9:15.00 and Germans Alexander Moritz Bley of season best of 9:21.53
LEADING TIME MEN
- Fred-Ronelle Mandoukou (GAB) 8:57.33
- Rafal Wladyslaw Nowak (POL) 9:15.00
- Jacob Kibet Kipkemoi (KEN) 9:16.70
- Lucas Wandia Wanjiru (KEN) 9:35.20
- Peter Kokobi Omari (KEN) 9:43.20
- Alexander Moritz Bley (GER) 9:21.53