Three time world 3000m steeplechase champion Ezekiel Kemboi will captain the Athletics Kenya Masters team that will represent the country at the 5th edition of the World Masters Athletics Championships that will be held in Malaga, Spain.
The Elgeyo Marakwet born athlete last month won the Trofeo Città di Telesia 10K Race in Italy, seems to have gotten into shape as he leads the 32 members squad to the Masters championships that kicks off from 4th to 15th September. in the 32 member squad.
The 35 year-old will be competing in both 1,500m and 3,000m steeplechase and will combine forces with 56 year old Robert Kimutai and former world cross country runner Eliud Kirui.
This will be the second time that Kenya is sending a team to the championships after taking the overall title at the 2016 World Masters Championships in Perth, Australia.
The 32 athlete’s are-
- William Bett – 5,000m and Half marathon
- Peter Bii -5,000m, 8km cross country and 10km road race
- Joshua Bondo -Shot Put, Discuss
- Innes Chenonge -5,000m, 10km road race
- Nelly Jeptanui -800m, 1,500m
- Stephen Kamande -5,000m, half marathon
- Ezekiel Kemboi -1,500m, 3,000m steeplechase
- Rebecca Kerubo -shot Put, Discuss and hammer throw
- Isaac Kiberenge -800m, 1,500m
- Francis Kimeli -5,000m, half marathon
- Robert Kimutai -5,000m, 3,000m steeplechase, 8km cross country
- Joshua Kipchumba -5,000m, 10km road race
- Dennis Kirui -800m and 1,500m
- Eliud Kirui -5,000m, 3,000m steeplechase
- Joyce Kirui -5,000m, 8km cross country, 10km road race
- Carolyne Kola -long jump, tripple jump
- Francis Komu -5,000m, half marathon
- David Langat -5,000m, 8km cross country, 10km road race
- Mark Mutai -400m, 200m
- Tom Musinde -100m, 200m
- Elizabeth Muthuka -400m
- Samuel Ndereba -5,000m, 10km road race
- Susan Nyageringa -1,500m, 2,000m steeplechase
- Isabella Ochichi -5,000m, 10km road race
- Elizabeth Olaba -Shot Put, hammer throw, discuss throw
- Stephen Oyaro -5,000m, half marathon
- Silas Sang -5,000m, half marathon
- Khadijah Shungi -5,000m race walk, 10km race walk
- Erick Sikuku -5,000m race walk, 10km race walk
- Irene Wamuyu -200m, 400m
- Florence Wasike -200m, 400m
- Paul Yego -5,000m, 8km cross country, 10km road race.