Athletics Kenya has released rules, guideline and criteria for the forthcoming trials for World Athletics Cross Country Championships that will be held on Saturday (10) at the Kenya Prisons Training College, Ruiru.
1. Athletes invited to participate in 6km U20 women, 8km U20 men and 10ñm senior men and women must have:
A) Competed in at least one AK Cross Country weekend Meet and emerged among top 12.
B) Or competed in international cross-country and emerged in top 10 finishers.
C) Or officially requested to participate and must have competed in an event which was held in November 2022 with credible results
2. Athletes invited to compete in the 2km Senior Men and Women must have:
A) Competed in the relays in either Machakos, Kapsokwony or Sotik, and emerged
B) Or competed in the 2km Senior Men and Women in Olkalau or lten and emerged top 8 finisher
3.Only athletes with Valid Electronic Passports will be allowed to compete.
- For 6km U20 women, 8km U20 men and 10km senior men and women, the first 6 athletes to cross the finish line will be automatically selected. The Seventh and eighth athletes will be selected as reserves.
- The 2km senior men and women events will be used to select the mixed relay team. The first 3 athletes to cross the finish line for both will be automatically selected. The 4th and 5th athletes will be selected as reserves.
- All U20 athletes should have been born between the year 2004 to 2007.
- All Selected Athletes are required to report to the call room at 7AM on l 110th December 2022.
- Selected athletes, (Team Kenya) will be accommodated for one night (101h December) for visa application and documentation.
- All athletes invited for trials must come with their electronic passports and a Covid -19 vaccination certificate.
- All Athletes should meet their own travel and accommodation costs.