Kenya’s Anderson Saitoti Seroi won the 35th edition of the Venice Marathon that was held on Sunday (24) in Venice, Italy.
Seroi led 1-2-3 Kenyan podium finishes as he fought for the honors with his Justus Kipkogei Kangogo who he overtook at the 40km never to look back as he surged ahead to cut the tape in 2:12.21. He was followed by Kangongo who crossed the line in 2:13.34 with Gilbert Chumba Kipleting closing the first three podium finishes in 2:13.55.
Najibe Marco Salami and Edgardo Confessa both from Italy finished in fourth and fifth in 2:14.57 and 2:32.55 respectively.
- Anderson Saitoti Seroi (KEN) 2:12.21
- Justus Kipkogei Kangogo (KEN) 2:13.34
- Gilbert Chumba Kipleting (KEN) 2:13.55
- Najibe Marco Salami (ITA) 2:14.57
- Edgardo Confessa (ITA) 2:32.55