Kenya’s Polline Wanjiku Njeru won the 13th edition of the PZU Warsaw Half Marathon that was held on Sunday (25) in Warsaw, Poland.
Njeru put on a zealous fight as she took on two Ethiopians after the 15K mark to go ahead of them cutting the tape in 1:10.01 and was closely followed by the race favorite Birhan Mhretu Gebrekidan from Ethiopia who crossed the line twenty five seconds later. Her fellow country-mate Maeregu Hayelom Shegae closed the podium finish in 1:10.52.
Lilian Jelagat and Joyce Jemutai Kiplimo both from Kenya came in fourth and fifth in 1:11.03 and 1:11.29 respectively.
Last weekends winner of the ONICO Gdynia Half Marathon Christine Oigo finished a distant sixth place in 1:11.43.
Anna Gosk was the first Polish to cross the line in 1:14.49.
- Polline Wanjiku Njeru (KEN) 1:10.01
- Birhan Mhretu Gebrekidan (ETH) 1:10.26
- Maeregu Hayelom Shegae (ETH) 1:10.52
- Lillian Jelagat (KEN) 1:11.03
- Jemutai Kiplimo Joyce (KEN) 1:11.29
- Christine Moraa Oigo (KEN) 1:11.43
- Anna Gosk (POL) 1:14.49
- Olga Kalendarova-Ochal (POL) 1:16.40
- Zsófia Erdelyi (HUN) 1:18.28
- Karolina Pilarska (POL) 1:18:38