Kenya’s Weldon Kirui took the top honors at the 32nd edition of the Los Angeles Marathon that was held on Sunday (18) in Los Angeles, California.
The 32 year-old grabbed a bottle of water and pulled away from Ethiopia’s Gebresadik Adihana at the 24th mile and charged towards a second Los Angeles Marathon victory in the last three years.
Kirui cut the tape in 2:11.48 and was followed by Adihana who crossed the line nine seconds later.
The defending champion Elisha Barno also from Kenya settled on third place with 2:12.47. Ukraine’s Ihor Russ and Kenya’s Daniel Limo took fourth and fifth place in 2:15.51 and 2:17.03 respectively.
- Weldon Kirui (KEN) 2:11:48
- Gebresadik Adihana (ETH) 2:11:57
- Elisha Barno (KEN) 2:12:47
- Ihor Russ (UKR) 2:15:51
- Daniel Limo (KEN) 2:17:03
- Ismail Ssenyange (UG) 2:21:41
- Rachid Ezzouniou (MOR) 2:22:42