Kenya’s Jackson Limo won the 13th edition of the EDP Porto Marathon that was held on Sunday (5) in Porto,Portugal.
Limo came to this race as the fastest athlete with a time of 2:09.06 that he got at the 2014 Paris Marathon.
The 29 year-old failed to lower the course record of 2:09.51 that was set in 2011 by fellow country-mate Philemon Baaru when he cut the tape in 2:11.34.
The first Portugeese to cross the line was Daniel Pinheiro who cross the line five minutes later and was followed by Okubay Tsegay of Eritea in 2:19.06 to close the podium three.
Mexico’s Jesus Esparza who holds the National record holder and personal best of 2:16.38 that he got at this years London Marathon took the fourth place in 2:19.44 Workneh Serbessa from Ethiopia taking fifth place in 2:20.05.
Kenyan’s Eliud Sugut, Edwin Kiyeng and Emmanuel bor performed dismally as they took sixth, seventh and eight place in 2:20.48, 2:21.01 and 2:22.57 respectively.
1. Jackson Limo (KEN) 2:11.34
2. Daniel Pinheiro (POR) 2:17.57
3. Okubay Tsegay (ER) 2:19.06
4. Jesus Esparza (MEX) 2:19.44
5. Workneh Serbessa (ETH) 2:20.05
6. Eliud Sugut (KEN) 2:20.48
7. Edwin Kiyeng (KEN) 2:21.01
8. Emmanuel Bor (KEN) 2:22.57