Three times Olympic Champion Tirunesh Dibaba won the Great Manchester Run 10K that was held on Sunday in Manchester.
The 31 years old took 31:03 to win her fourth Great Manchester 10K and was followed by France’s Christelle Daunay with 33:08 and third place went to Britain’s Katrina Wooton of 33:18.
In the mens’ race formaer American 5000m record holder Dathan Ritzenhein cut the tape in 28:06 and was followed by his countrymate Bernard Langat who crossed the line in 28:13 with third place going to South Africa’s Stephen Mokoka of 28:22.
Kenya’s former world marathon record holder Wilson Kipsang finished fifth with 28:26 with the highest placed Briton Andy Vernon finishing sixth with 28:36.
1. Tirunesh Dibaba (ETH) 31:03
2. Christelle Daunay (FRN) 33:08
3. Katrina Wooton (BTN) 33:18
1. Dathan Ritzenhein (USA) 28:06
2. Bernard Langat (USA) 28:13
3. Stephen Mokoka (SA) 28:22